‘There’s daggers in men’s smiles’ (Act II, Sc. III) Tag Ambition Power
Macbeth is a brave general, loyal to King Duncan and to Scotland. Until, that is, he meets three evil witches after a battle against King Duncan’s enemies. They tell him that one day he, Macbeth, will be King of Scotland. This is the beginning of a story of ambition and evil, involving him and his calculating wife, Lady Macbeth. What follows leads them to terrible violence, murder, madness and ultimately to their own destruction.
Fully interactive graded reader now available on iBooks.
The multimedia options at your fingertips make reading for language learning come alive – read, listen, check meanings, make notes, have fun with interactive exercises!
• Full audio on every page
• Interactive exercises at the end of each chapter
• Photo-galleries – illustrated introduction to the characters
• Interactive on-page dictionaries
• Information about the author
• Historical and cultural background to each book
• Landscape and portrait orientation